- To raise the awareness and analyse the relevance of hygienic design of equipment, machinery, facilities as well as the related hygienic production and cleaning processes as a preventive measure for minimising the risks resulting from improper cleanability.
- To present the latest novelties in hygienic engineering that will help companies to ensure product innocuousness and reduce operational and maintenance costs.
- To present the EHEDG activities as a European and a world-wide operating reference organization in this field: guideline publication, working groups, certification possibilities, etc.
- To promote the creation of local and international networks in order to identify knowledge gaps and problems in hygienic engineering and to provide adequate solutions related to hygienic equipment and food safety.
- To provide a meeting platform for experts, decision makers and newcomers in the field of hygienic design and to enhance the dialogue between equipment and plant manufacturers, producers of food or related products and academia.