Call for Poster Abstracts for the EHEDG World Congress on Hygienic Engineering & Design 2018:
Posters are invited from scientists, engineers, students, researchers and food industry experts (including those from manufacturing, supply and retail) and other relevant industries, research institutes, universities and authorities concerned with hygienic engineering and design, food production, food processing, food quality and safety, innovative technologies and new trends in food safety.
The poster exhibition will take place at the Congress venue, in the Gold Sponsors and refreshments area.
If you are interested in submitting a poster, please download the Poster Application Form and send it in, together with your abstract, to Debra Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) marked for the attention of the 'Scientific Committee', before the end of June.
Students should consider application for the Hygienic Study Award.
- Building and equipment design
Incorporation of hygienic design in food industry buildings, e.g. walls; floors; doors/shutters; roofs; drains; air, water, steam, chemical, air, gas, and lubricant delivery systems etc., as well as equipment such as food processing equipment and utility equipment e.g. trolleys, totes, storage, cleaning equipment, utensils etc.
Cleaning and technology based disinfection methods for open and closed surfaces. Cleaning programme development, validation, monitoring and verification, e.g. for microbes, allergens, foreign bodies, DNA and proteins.
Hygiene and robotics. Novel materials/novel applications of existing materials, to enhance hygiene. Nanomaterials and the role of composites. Innovative, hygienically-designed equipment.
- Upgrading and renovation
The impact of buildings design and refurbishment on contamination control (microbes, DNA, allergens, foreign bodies). Risk assessment on changes to the fabric or layout of factories. Factory new build/renovation case studies. Use of hygienic design and novel technologies/materials during factory design and refurbishment.
Should be of excellent quality and written in the English language.
The abstract must:
- be based on recent findings (not older than two years);
- not exceed 2 pages, including pictures, charts and tables;
- be in plain text, in font size Arial 11 pt., single spaced with 2 cm margins;
- contain short sections on:
- an introduction to the study;
- materials and methods;
- discussion on applicability in food processing;
- references (max. 6); and
- 4 to 5 keywords.
Please do not use headings except for the title, which should be followed by the name(s) of the author(s) with affiliation(s).
- All posters should be presented as per the EHEDG World Congress Poster Template
- Poster dimensions: A0 (841 mm width, 1189 mm height).
- All poster wording and illustrations should be readable from a distance of at least 1.5 m.
- All posters must be arranged vertically.
- Posters must be prepared on one sheet (multiple smaller sheets are not allowed).
The abstracts will be evaluated by the Congress Scientific Committee according to the timetable below:
- Submission deadline for abstracts: before the end of June (to email@example.com).
- Notification by the Scientific Committee of abstract approval or amendment will be given by 20 August 2018. Applicants will be either informed of approval to participate or instructed on how to amend the text to enable poster presentation at the Congress.
- Amended abstracts need to be resubmitted by 14 September 2018.
- Participants presenting posters must commit to attending the Congress (at ExCeL, London from 21 to 22 November 2018) and present their poster in the poster sessions. Note: In case the poster applicant(s) cannot attend the Congress and he/she has no other representative presenting the poster at the Congress, the applicant must by 30 September 2018 at the latest, withdraw the abstract by e-mailing the Scientific Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The accepted posters will be listed on the Congress website.
- Authors of high-level posters will be invited by the Scientific Committee after the Congress to publish articles based on the poster content, e.g. in the next edition of the EHEDG Yearbook, or in conjunction with an EHEDG article series.